Monday, September 19, 2011

Five Days Behind

Well, I am five days behind in my personal challenge.  My goal was to write a new post every day for an entire year.  Unfortunately, my computer does not know or understand anything about my personal challenge, and therefore did not cooperate.  So, I'm picking up where I left off several days ago.

I guess the most important thing to take from this is that we can make all the plans we want, but interruptions   come, and can alter our course.  How will we respond?  I must admit that usually (and this time is no exception), I don't handle the road blocks of life very well.  Whether it's illness, a cranky computer, a car breakdown, or you name it;  I usually have a fit (of some sort.)  Just being honest here.  Now, I have learned to keep most of my fits "inside".  In other words, I don't have a loud, ugly tantrum every time something goes awry.  I do, however, have some serious wrestling matches in my heart and mind.

I think it all goes back to the flesh and spirit debate.  My spirit is willing to deal with whatever God allows along my path (because after all He is my Maker, and knows what I need), but my flesh is weak, and I'll take my comfort, security, everything-to-go-just-as-I-planned, thank you very much!  Nope, not going to happen. So, I will let out a big sigh, and say I am back on course (for now) with my posting plan.  Looking back on the last five days, it's probably best that I wasn't posting anything.  I'll leave it at that.

No comments: