Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's Getting Late

It's getting late, and I really don't have much to say.  So, this is going to be one of those random posts about.... whatever happens to come to mind.  That's a scary thought.

Actually, we have finally started school out here in the Northeast!  Hurricane Irene followed by more flood-causing rain from Tropical Storm Lee, pushed the school start date all the way to September 12th!  I think even the kids were getting disappointed.  Once you get yourself psyched up about going back to school and it gets pushed back a week... well, let's just say it was causing some stress.  I'm not sure whose was more intense; the kids or mine?  : )

The girls and I started last week by doing one subject a day.  So, today was our first full day with all subjects (well almost all) on board!  There were a couple of glitches in our day that stretched it out a bit longer than I'd like.  But, we're using some new curriculum, and trying to find what will work best for us this year.  Let me just throw this out there while I'm at it.  I never really planned to homeschool my kids.  It came about after much prayer and thought.  I still don't feel adequate to the task, but am assured that I am not the only homeschooling mom that feels that way.  Plus, I do have a certified teacher in the house as back up should I really have trouble.  : )  Well, enough of my random chatting.  I must get to bed.  Morning comes early for us all!  God bless you.

No comments: