Monday, September 5, 2011

More on Hope

"Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope..."  (Zech. 9:12)


This is the verse I talked about yesterday.  I just want to add something very important to the discussion.  Even though I truly believe that "my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness," living in hope is not an easy thing.  As a matter of fact, I think it is easier to be a prisoner of so many lesser things than to be a prisoner of hope.  


Here's why:  John 10:10 says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."


Even though, through God's mercy we have new birth into a living hope, there is still this pesky thief about.  One of the many things he will try to steal, kill, or destroy is our hope.  So, it is war then.  


Keeping it short tonight, let me just close with this.  It is definitely exciting to be a prisoner of hope, but it is not necessarily the "easy" road to walk.  The beauty is, we have a Fortress, and we never have to walk the path of hope alone.  I'm so thankful.

No comments: