Monday, January 10, 2011

A Chicken Update!

I know. I said I hated the chickens. Not really true. Hate is too strong a word. More than anything, I was just mad that the whole experience was bringing such sadness to some of my children. However, after all was said and done, we were left with three of the ten; two roosters and one hen. They are still around, and Jewel, the lone hen, lays a lovely brown egg almost every day. It's like getting a little gift! A small little oval reminder of God's genius. His extraordinary fingerprints on the seemingly ordinary things in life.

Often in the midst of pain and suffering, such little gifts and reminders can be found, but we can miss them if we are not intentional about receiving them. Open wide the eyes of your heart, look for the little gifts that are deposited in your life. You might be very surprised at how they arrive. Who would have thought several months ago, that I would look at the egg of a chicken as a gift? Sometimes the simplest of gifts can be the most profound! By the way, Happy New Year!

No comments: