Friday, October 16, 2009

Reflections

Recently, my oldest child and only son, turned 13. My first teenager! I find this a worthy occasion to reflect! I remember well finding out I was expecting my first child. I was nervous and excited! Also, I remember when he arrived. I had been in labor for over 23 hours when it was determined that he was going to arrive via C-section. At that point, I was exhausted and just ready for the whole thing to be over!

I remember tears of joy upon learning that our son had arrived safely! Then I promptly fell asleep to awaken in a small recovery area some time later. It took us a few days to actually decide what to name our bundle of joy! Josiah Benjamin Ferenczy has blessed us in so many ways. He has a huge responsibility as the oldest child and big brother to three girls! I try to remind him often that God knew he was just the guy for the job, otherwise He wouldn't have done that to him! : )

Thirteen years have flown by, but I remember those early days thinking, surely someone is going to show up to get him because I do not know how to do this mothering thing. Unfortunately, as the first child, he got the brunt of my inexperience as a parent, but all of the love as well. I can only pray that when all is said and done the love will outweigh all of the mistakes I have made or will make.

No comments: